During the summer season Albert Park Bowls Club competes against other clubs in both the Weekend and Midweek Pennant competitions organised by Bowls Victoria. During the off season club sides compete in Winter Pennant and other league competitions. The club also organises its own pairs and singles leagues exclusively for members.
As the delayed 2020/21 season gets under way APBC pennant players may find the following resources useful:
- 2020/21 Weekend Pennant: APBC Fixture List
- 2020/21 Midweek Pennant: APBC Fixture List
- 2020/21 Thursday Mini-Leagues: APBC Fixture List
- 2020/21 BV Pennant Promotion/Relegation Numbers
- 2020/21 BV Pennant Conditions of Play
- Table of Bowls Club Locations
Bowls Victoria Pennant 2020/21
Bowls Victoria organizes several leagues where sides compete for a seasonal pennant. Saturday Pennant typically comprises 4 rinks of two bowl fours (3 rinks in Div 7) and Albert Park Bowls Club currently has three sides entered in that competition. Midweek Pennant comprises 3 rinks of two bowl fours, in which APBC has currently entered two sides. The innovative Thursday Pennant is 7-a-side playing two rinks of three bowl pairs and one rink of two bowl triples - APBC has one side entered in that competition. The following link to more information on each. Additionally bankers matches may be organized for available players not selected to play on any given week.
- Albert Park 1 plays in Division 2 Section 7.
- Albert Park 2 plays in Division 5 Section 10.
- Albert Park 3 plays in Division 7 Section 7.
- Albert Park 1 plays in Division 1 Section 3.
- Albert Park 2 plays in Division 3 Section 10.
- Albert Park 3 plays in Section 4.
Twilight League 2020/21, Etc.
On Wednesday evenings the Twilight League is run for experienced and improving bowlers looking for a keenly competitive game of bowls. Individuals build a shot tally through the season, which is the sum of the shot differences from their matches plus 3 shots for each match won minus 3 shots for each match lost. Season entry fees fund a prize pot which is distributed proportionately between all participants who finish the season with a positive shot tally.
In previous years a 'Gold Coin' event for less competitive bowlers has been run alongside the Twilight League but this has yet to be organized in 2021.
An informal Singles League also runs throughout the year and is open to all members.
In 2020 it was not possible to run the inner city Winter Pennant competition but we hope this will be back in 2021. The competition provides interesting off season competitive bowling experience. In 2019 side 4 fared best, finishing 3rd in Division 6, while Side 3 finished 8th in Div 4, Side 2 finished 6th in Div 3 and Side 1 finished 7th in Div 1.
Weekend Pennant Final Standings
- 2019/20 Season: Side 1 (Div 2 Sect 7); Side 2 (Div 5 Sect 8); Side 3 (Div 7 Sect 5).
- 2018/19 Season: Side 1 (Div 2 Sect 7); Side 2 (Div 4 Sect 7); Side 3 (Div 6 Sect 6).
- 2017/18 Season: Side 1 (Div 2 Sect 7); Side 2 (Div 4 Sect 7); Side 3 (Div 7 Sect 6).
- 2016/17 Season: Side 1 (Div 2 Sect 7); Side 2 (Div 4 Sect 8); Side 3 (Div 6 Sect 7).
- 2015/16 Season: Side 1 (Div 2 Sect 7); Side 2 (Div 5 Sect 8); Side 3 (Div 6 Sect 7); Side 4 (Div 8 Sect 2); Side 5 (Div 8 Sect 7).
Midweek Pennant Final Standings
- 2019/20 Season: Side 1 (Div 1 Sect 4); Side 2 (Div 3 Sect 7).
- 2018/19 Season: Side 1 (Div 1 Sect 1); Side 2 (Div 3 Sect 7).
- 2017/18 Season: Side 1 (Div 1 Sect 4); Side 2 (Div 3 Sect 8).
- 2016/17 Season: Side 1 (Div 1 Sect 8); Side 2 (Div 3 Sect 7); Side 3 (Div 5 Sect 3).
- 2015/16 Season: Side 1 (Div 1 Sect 8); Side 2 (Div 3 Sect 7); Side 3 (Div 4 Sect 9).
Singles League Archive
This informal competition for club members who enjoy the singles game was first run during the 2015/16 season. Take a look at the final standings for previous seasons to see how individuals have fared over the years.
Winter Pennant Summaries
2016 Winter Pennant saw APBC sides competing in divisions 1, 3, and 5 with side 2 progressing to the semi-final stage.