Competitive bowling at Albert Park Bowls Club focuses primarily on Bowls Victoria Saturday and Midweek Pennant competitions with club teams participating in several divisions. Members can also sign up for the annual Club Championships of various formats, including triples, pairs and singles. Throughout the year there are also regular tournaments scheduled either among club members or against neighbouring clubs. During the off season club teams compete in Winter Pennant and other off-season competitons. Throughout the year informal singles and pairs leagues may also be organised.
Note that the Bowls Club Locations page should have the information you need to find pennant match away venues.
Saturday Pennant 2017/18
Albert Park currently has three sides, each comprising 4 rinks of fours, entered in the Bowls Victoria Saturday Pennant competition. Use the links below to check the latest standings.
- Albert Park 1 plays in Division 2 Section 7.
- Albert Park 2 plays in Division 4 Section 7.
- Albert Park 3 plays in Division 7 Section 6.
Midweek Pennant 2017/18
Albert Park currently has two sides, each comprising 3 rinks of fours, entered in the Bowls Victoria Midweek Pennant competition. Use the links below to check the latest standings. A concurrent ‘bankers’ match, also open to social members, is generally organised for those not selected to play in sides 1 or 2.
Saturday Pennant 2016/17
- Albert Park 1 final standings Division 2 Section 7.
- Albert Park 2 final standings Division 4 Section 8.
- Albert Park 3 final standings Division 6 Section 7.
Midweek Pennant 2016/17
- Albert Park 1 final standings Division 1 Section 8.
- Albert Park 2 final standings Division 3 Section 7.
- Albert Park 3 final standings Division 5 Section 3.
Singles League 2016
This informal league competition is open to any Club Member who is interested. New participants start on a set number of points, which are added to or subtracted from depending on the results of singles matches played against other participants. Singles matches are the best of 15 ends and winners typically gain 5% of their opponents’ points (10% if they have won by 10 shots or more). Check out the latest singles league standings based on the singles league results to date.
Winter Pennant 2016
Albert Park once again entered three sides in the Inner City Winter Pennant competition. They were assigned to divisions 1, 3, and 5 and each competed well with the second side progressing to the semi-final stage. For a more detailed summary of our performance this year please visit our winter pennant page.
Tom Watson Cup 2016
This winter indoor league held at Southern Indoor Bowls runs over 18 weeks and offers highly competitive bowling on a very even fast running carpet. Club members have enjoyed participating in previous years but in 2016 we had no representation, no doubt to the benefit of our Winter Pennant efforts. Here are this year’s final standings for those who are interested.
Saturday Pennant 2015/16
- Albert Park 1 final standings – Division 2 Section 7.
- Albert Park 2 final standings – Division 5 Section 8.
- Albert Park 3 final standings – Division 6 Section 7.
- Albert Park 4 final standings – Division 8 Section 2.
- Albert Park 5 final standings – Division 8 Section 7.