Albert Park Bowls Club will hire out its clubroom and bowling green as a single package to private or corporate groups. Some applicable conditions are noted below along with some event planning guidelines. Pricing information is given on a separate page.
- The function must incorporate substantial bowling activity.
- Guest numbers must fall within our allowable range (currently from 40 to 100 guests).
- Event date and time must fit with scheduled club activities and existing bookings.
- The function must allow at least minimal access for club members – one rink for bowling and occasional access to the clubhouse.
- There must be a single ‘responsible person’ to liaise with the Club and take responsibility for managing all aspects of the event.
- Bookings must be made in advance with payment of the appropriate deposit.
- Guest numbers and event duration must be determined at the time of booking. These will be used to establish the hire price.
- Though undesirable, it may be possible to change guest numbers and/or event duration subsequent to booking. An increased hire price may be applicable. There will be no reduction in hire price as a result of such changes.
Event Day Procedures
- By prior arrangement with the Functions Manager, organisers and/or service providers may arrive in advance of the function start time in order to set up.
- To comply with our liquor license each guest must sign the guest register upon arrival including their name and address. Alternatively, a guest list compiled in advance may be attached to the guest register.
- At the end of the event, clubhouse and bowling items should be replaced as originally arranged and empty bottles disposed of in the refuse bins.
- Any damage to the clubhouse, green or bowling equipment will be charged to the hirer.
- The Club does not offer catering, which will need to be arranged by the hirer. The Club’s recommended caterers, are very familiar with our facilities.
- The Club kitchen facilities will be available for use by you or your caterers and a barbeque is available for hire for an additional fee.
- Hirers and/or caterers are welcome to visit the Club in advance to familiarise themselves with the facilities.
- No gas bottle fueled appliances (including barbeques, heaters etc.) may be used within the clubhouse.
- The Club kitchen and all appliances should be left in their original state at the end of the event.
Bar Service and Alcohol Consumption
- Alcohol must be served and consumed in accordance with our liquor license.
- Bar service will be provided by Club personnel trained in the Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA).
- We offer a range of beers, wines, ciders and soft drinks at competitive prices. Spirits are not available.
- BYO is strictly prohibited. Guests may not, for example, bring their own spirits for mixing drinks.
- The licensed area of the Club includes the clubhouse and the green surrounds within the hedge but not the green itself.
- Alcoholic drinks may not be consumed outside the clubhouse after 9:00pm (8:00pm on Sundays) and guests must depart by 30 minutes after last call.
Respect for the Neighbourhood
- The Club is situated within a quiet residential neighbourhood and guests should be mindful of our neighbours, especially when arriving and leaving the club.
- Our building lease and liquor license strictly limit music in and around the clubhouse.
- No music of any kind may be played outside the clubhouse and music played within the clubhouse must not be significantly audible outside (e.g. through open doors).
- The Club can assist in organizing and managing bowling activity whether it be a casual roll-up or a more structured team competition.
- Club members will be available to assist guests with their bowling and can provide basic tuition if required.
- Guest bowlers must respect the Rules of the Green at all times.
Rules of the Green
- Rules established for function bowling are designed to protect both the guests and the green.
- Footwear worn on the green must be flat-soled (no heels or significant tread). Alternatively, bare feet are permitted.
- No food or drink of any kind is to be taken onto the green, including when walking across the green at a change of ends.
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the green. Alternative activities for younger children may be possible but this should be discussed with the function manager well in advance of the event.
- Guests must not sit or lie on the green or the banks of the green as this poses a significant safety risk.
- Bowls must not be driven at high pace because of the safety risk posed by high velocity bowls.
- Bowls must not be dropped onto the green as this can cause damage to the surface.
- Smoking is not permitted on the green. Guests may smoke only in the designated areas, which are located at the four corners of the green surrounds.